Friday, January 21, 2011

I wish Martha lived here......

Well, I had great hopes at the end of my last post.  I've managed to continue my dejunking of our home.
I tell you, clutter breeds.  But I'm staying one step ahead of it.  Now I have got to get my husband on
board.  He is definately a keeper and I'm not.  I think he feels that if you buy it once, you should keep
it til you die so that you don't have to buy it again.  Or somebody might need it someday.   I've got to
work on changing that mentality, because our garage has become a staging area for Goodwill or a
storage unit for our posterity.  I am convinced clutter causes stress.  I know I get stressed everytime I
go into our garage.

 On the brighter side, I've exchanged a few e-mails with my Bead Soup Blog Party partner
Valerie Norton of  Hot Fused Glass.  Check out her blog and her
Etsy Shop Artfull Adornments by Valerie.  I had quite a bit of fun putting
together her "Bead Soup" and hope she likes it.  A big thank you to Lori Anderson of
Pretty Things for hosting this wonderful blog party.  I can't wait to see what
everyone else creates with their 'Soup.'

I've been busy doing some crafting that is totally unnecessary, but totally fun. 
The next holiday is Valentine's Day and while I was out at Michaels Craft
Store, I found these really cute scrapbook embellishments that I just had to have.


So I thought I would decoupage these cute little cutouts onto small pieces of painted wood.  Sprinkle
a little of Martha Stewart's Glitter over them while the decoupage is still wet. (I have never used this product before, but it is absolutely the best.  It is so fine and powdery.  It adds the perfect glisten without being obvious like coarser glitters.)




After the decoupage has dried, I used a tacky glue around the edges to attach pieces of ribbon to
frame the little Valentine's.  I used pieces of ribbon I had to create a loop and bow to hang these
adorable little Valentine ornaments.  I just love making things that give me instant gratification.


Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Hopefully, I'll have my Etsy Shop Everyday Gypsy Designs filled this weekend.

No comments: