Monday, June 21, 2010

Procrastination is the Name of my Game

      Well that certainly was a sad start to my blogging life..

The fact that it took me this long to get going on a second entry shows a huge part of my problem. Great ideas, but lacking in the follow through department. If there isn't a Procrastinator's Anonymous, there should be. And I could be their charter member.


Anyway, as with all my great ideas, a certain amount of research must be done. So off the library I went. I have to tell you there were a bunch of books on the topic of organizing, decluttering, destressing. There were so many, I was starting to feel stressed.

When I got home and started surveying the mess, I realized that all of the magazines I had been reading all said the same thing.  I must not be alone.  This problem I have must be an epidemic...

From my initial research I have made a list of what I have discovered in my research.
1.  We have way to much stuff and need to get rid of some of it.
2.  I have got to get my kids on board.  They do generate some of the mess.  (I admit alot of it is mine.). 
3.  Everything needs to have a home.
4.  We really need to think before we buy.
5.  I need to use lists to organize and prioritize my days, weeks, etc.  (I've always made lists, I just need to follow them.

Looking forward to my next blog.....

No comments: