Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Chaotic Craft Day....

Well my great plans for cleaning and organizing the kitchen and mudroom (I read that these are the key areas to organize in a household) fell by the wayside, as I was blindsided by the crafting bug.  I must say I do love to make things, but I also really like the sense of accoumplishment I get when seeing the completed projects.  And by using up supplies around the house, I'm kinda cleaning up.   Let me live in my dream world for a moment.

Anyway, while my kitchen awaits its redoing, I was able to make a Chocolate Sheet Cake.  My poor family has been without baked goods for awhile and I thought it was time to fix that.  Really, I just had a craving for chocolate (gooey and creamy are the best).  Anyway, tomorrow I think I'll cook my mother's Texas Sheet Cake recipe and see how it compares.


I also spent some time sewing a cute little Fourth of July dress for my granddaughter,  I have to say it came out pretty darn cute. 


So even though I didn't get any great cleaning done today, I did get some chaotic crafting done. (The weather was too nice for cleaning anyway.)  And I didn't even show the earrings and bracelet I made.  I'll save that for tomorrow.  I told you I was a chaotic crafter.

Til tomorrows' adventures in chaotic crafting....

No comments: