Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Party Time......

Once again it's party time.  The wonderful Lori Anderson of Pretty Things is once again hosting The Bead Soup Blog Party.   An amazing event considering she is the one hosting, matching partners, taking care of the details necessary to make such an event a success, just generally being on top of it all as usual.  And there are 362 people participating.  It is absolutely mind boggling to me. 

But not to delay,  my wonderful partner for this party is Polly Barker from Chanute, Kansas.   Polly sent me a wonderful collection of beads. 


The bead selection included a beautiful floral pendant, so reminiscent of a lovely
summer day.  It also included a tube of delicas, three strands of crystals, a beautiful
length of blue silk, and a wonderfully unique clasp.


As you can see, the floral clasp is so cute with the little bee hook.


And this picture of the pendant doesn't do it justice.

And now without further ado...


I sewed seed beads onto all of the edges of the silk cord.


I was able to frame the pendant with two sterling beads and pulled the silk cording through the
pendant.  I knotted the cording on each side of the framing beads.

 
The pendant was so beautiful that I wanted to keep it in the front of the piece, just off-centered.


I used the crystals to create a meandering daisy chain to draw attention upward to the cute clasp.

Again a big thanks to Lori Anderson for being the driving force of this wonderful adventure, and a big hug to my partner Polly Barker for my wonderful soup ingredients.

So don't linger here too long, there are 361 more blogs to go visit.  You can find the complete list here.

Thanks for stopping by,
 

13 comments:

Pretty Things said...

I am SO sorry for being late -- today our internet provider decided to crash. My stress level is through the roof, to say the least! They're still working on it, but it's like dial-up.

Holy cow. All those seed beads! I'm totally and completely helpless with those and have the utmost respect for those that work with them. I'd love to see how that clasp works!

WONDERFUL work, and I hope you join again!

Love, Lori

Polly Barker said...

Karen you made all that blue so beautiful! After I sent it I got to worrying about so much blue. It is very nice. Thank you for being such a great partner! Sorry I didn't get here sooner but my internet has been acting up all day! grrrrrrr

coffeeaddict said...

such intricate design and so labour intensive. Good work!

Brittany Kuhlman, COC, CPC, CCC said...

I so love how you sewed those seed beads onto the ribbon. Really love the asymmetrical look of it, too. Great job!

elisabeth said...

I love this color blue and you id an incredible job - I love the seed bead trim on the ribbon too!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Wow! That is incredible. I can't believe you did sewed all those beads to the ribbon edge. That must have taken about 100 hours. Beautiful piece!

Shirley said...

Girl, you knocked that one out!! I love how the daisy chain wanders the eye up to the flower clasp! And sewing all those beads onto the ribbon...lots of time involved! Beautiful colors and design!

Sweet Freedom said...

Wonderfully inventive design that is perfect for your focal!

Stacey said...

Oh wow - what a beautiful piece - the blue is gorgeous - love the asymmetrical design ALOT!!!

KayzKreationz said...

A really nice piece. I like the way you framed the focal and pulled the ribbon through it. Carries everything through. And your little beaded flowers on the other side are so delicate looking but really tie in with the focal. Very nice.

Mags said...

I love, love, love that piece!!
Bold blue, very appealing and beautiful design.

Christine Altmiller said...

oh! this is gorgeous! beautiful colors and beads...the blue is so soothing...your beadweaving is fantastic and the way you incorporated the ribbon so effortlessly---wish i knew that trick. i am struggling with ribbon these days! you made a perfect and lovely necklace.

Anonymous said...

It seems a very complex seed beads work to me but you done it nicely.
Ambra