Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Paddy's Day....

Well it's St. Patrick's Day.  Went looking for a little leprechaun and his pot
of gold, but he wasn't to be found.  I created a cute little pot of shamrocks and daffodils
to decorate for the day.



 If you haven't seen Phyllis Hoffman's magazine
Celebration, your should really go take a look.

This year I'm using some of their recipes for a St. Paddy's Day dinner.  We are
having Corned Beef Sandwiches, coleslaw, herb roasted potatoes and Chocolate Guiness
Cupcakes. 
I think it turned out well.  Normally, I'll cook a corned beef brisket with cabbage and potatoes,
but I thought we needed a change.  Ok, I needed a change.  I have to say I am
really getting tired of cooking and for the last few weeks have relied on magazines
for recipes and inspiration.  Good news is that I am cooking and some of it is actually
eaten by my particular kids, however some of it hasn't turned out well.  It looked
good in the magazine, but my finished product just didn't do it justice.

Well, enough about cooking.  That's close to housework in my book and I don't like to do
housework.  I do it, but I don't like it.  Long before kids, I could spend an entire Saturday cleaning the house and then sit down and enjoy the fact that the whole house is clean.  Not any more, housework gets done sort of in shifts.  So my house does get cleaned, just not all at the same time.


Enough about housework and cooking, I need to get my focus back on beads and other crafting adventures...


No comments: